The Salvation Army of Greater Rochester’s Emergency & Family Services program (EFS) provides immediate emergency assistance to households in crisis throughout Monroe County. EFS social workers also provide crisis case management services to offer families and individuals holistic support.
Assistance provided includes:
· Vouchers to area supermarkets for food and personal items
· Food bags
· Personal Hygiene Bags
· Prescription Assistance
· Bus Passes
· Stranded Traveler Assistance
· Clothing Assistance
· Advocacy and Referrals to outside agencies
· Crisis assessment and management
· Bilingual Services
· Registration for Salvation Army Programs (Project Bundle Up, Long Point Camp, Christmas Assistance, etc.)
EFS is open from 7:30am-4pm Monday through Friday. Applications are taken on a first come/first serve basis. All adult clients should come prepared with picture ID or 3 official documents with their name on them, in addition to ID for any children that they may be applying for.